For ages 8 to 12
EXPLORING LIFE TOGETHER AS TIMBERWOLVES
FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION
If your son or daughter is between the ages of 8 and 12, and you are looking to enrol them into extracurricular programs, consider one that could:
- Support & complement your parent journey to raising a happy, successful, and responsible child
- Reduce the amount of time your child spends with electronics & reconnect them with the simple & wholesome things in life
- Guide your child down the right path by developing their understanding of the Catholic faith & relationship with God
- Help your child build lifelong friendships with other like-minded children in a fun, accepting, non-judgemental and safe environment
“Our son has grown immensely since being enrolled in the FNE program. He laughs more, complains less, is more cooperative, and less combative with his brother; above all, he is realizing his own value and abilities, and has increased self-confidence.” (Winnie & Hayden K. – Parents)
“Growing in faith is as important as learning any other life skill or academic enrichment program. We are thankful to have discovered the FNE group as they have become a true partner in our child’s development.” (Connie & Calvin C. – Parents)
TIMBER WOLVES DETAILS
Timberwolves live and operate within a happy family, a den plays together. The youth live in the jungle with Baloo, Akela, Mowgli and others as they learn about loyalty, friendship, and acts of courage.
As a Timber Wolf, your child will learn how to differentiate between right and wrong; work hard and play fair; finish what they start; never give up; and keep a promise. Through the program, we also strive to develop their sense of:
UNIQUE PROGRAM OFFERINGS
Our regularly scheduled single-gender programs consist of:
- Physical games
- Activities & Crafts
- Badge work
- Life Skills Development
- Spiritual Development
Our members grow in their love for God through regularly celebrating the sacraments of the eucharist and Confession and giving back to the community.
We also offer field trips, all-season weekend camping (in cabins), annual summer camp, retreats, and International Travel opportunities.
For ages 12 to 16
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT
If your son or daughter is between the ages of 12 and 16, and you are looking for a program that could:
- Push & challenge your child in ways they never imagined before – physically, mentally, and spiritually
- Reduce the amount of time your child spends with their phone or on the TV & reconnect them with the simple & wholesome things in life
- Guide your child down the right path by developing their understanding of the Catholic faith & and relationship with God
- Develop practical life and survival skills
- Build confidence and instil a sense of adventure to take on any challenge the future may hold
- Help build lifelong friendships in a fun, accepting, non-judgmental, and safe environment
"I really love FNE and think it should be something everyone should be part of; because I know I am part of something big, something beautiful, something that really teaches me what brotherhood really is. It’s something you don’t feel at school. I feel such a sense of belonging and love that I’ve only otherwise felt in my family. FNE helps me grow immensely. If it weren’t for FNE, I don’t even know where I’d be right now." (Benjamin T. – Explorer)
Explorers work in groups called patrols lead by brother or sister explorers known as a patrol chief. Each patrol has its own unique totem name, cheer and chant. Teenagers like to operate in small groups whereas everyone actively contributes to the success of their patrol as they serve others or even compete against one another.
A message for our youth - "In a patrol of 5 to 8 boys or girls, with real friends, you will have adventures that are the size of the man or women you aspire to be. Your patrol is counting on you to canoe down rivers and lakes, to set up tents deep in the woods, to learn to be autonomous and to use nature's resources intelligently. Adventures, challenges, games, explorations, camp vigils, this adventure is for boys or girls who dream of getting out of the monotony and have a soul of an explorer, to discover the world that awaits you. You will never be alone in this adventure because your patrol is counting on you."
In addition Explorers, like their name, suggests, “explore” the great outdoors, nature, and service. The program develops all aspects that build their character like no other organization can deliver. With Christ at the centre of it all, Explorers develop their sense of:
UNIQUE PROGRAM OFFERING
Our regularly scheduled single-gendered programs consist of:
- Challenging and Unique games
- Basic of Design & Development of Engineering Concepts
- Survival & First Aid Training
- Music & Photography Skills Development
- Occasional Visits from Spiritual Guests
Our members grow in their love for God through regularly celebrating the sacraments of the Eucharist and confession and giving back to the community.
We also offer field trips, all-season weekend camping, annual summer camp, and international travel opportunities.
For ages 17 to 24
Within a Wayfarer Clan (for men) or a Wayfarer Fire (for women) you will live and experience a demanding physical adventure, deepening of faith and discernment as to your vocation be it married, single, religious etc.
This stage is beautiful because it involves the lives of young men or women to anchor them in the Lord and in their apostolic life.
At an age when many do not make a choice, the Wayfarer commits themselves and puts themselves at the service of others all within a Christian spirit.
Moreover, the technical aspects of the formation of Wayfarers are not forgotten.
Once a Wayfarer, it is a reflection on the commitment that is put in place in order to prepare oneself, often, to become a leader and first the leader of his or her personal life.